Today is our Third Thursday Blog Hop! The question of the day is two-fold: How are you like your mother? How are you different than your mother?
I’m like my mother in several ways:
- We both have the gift of hospitality and we enjoy having people in our home. (I’m sure I learned that from her!)
- We both know how to sew. (I learned that from her, too!)
- We both love being a mom.
- We both enjoy being with our family (in fact, next week our family will be in the Wisconsin Dells with my sister’s family and my parents to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary this year!)
- We are both hard-workers.
- Our faith is important to both of us.
- We’ve both been married a long time (50 years for mom and dad; 28 years for Mark and I)
- We both wore the same wedding dress! (As did my daughter, Erica!)
I am different from my mother in several ways:
- My mom likes to sew…she’s an incredible seamstress. I know how to sew, but I don’t enjoy it like she does.
- My mom loves coconut and I can’t stand it.
- My mom loves nuts in baked goods and I think that’s a good way to ruin a brownie.
- I know how to play the piano and while my mom doesn’t play the piano, she was always present at my recitals.
- My mom lives in Indiana and I live in Illinois.
How about you? How are you like your mother? How are you different than your mother?
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to connect with other moms, read their answer, and and/or add your entry to our Third Thursday blog hop…
Want regular encouragement?
Subscribe to get Jill's latest content by email.