Mark says: Sometimes in marriage, the little things are really the big things.
Jill says: Today’s Marriage Monday is short and sweet. A simple challenge to you to do something intentional to connect with your spouse.
Mark says: Here are a few ideas:
- Send him or her a text just to say “I love you,” or “I’m thinking of you!”
- Pick up flowers on the way home (If you have an Aldi nearby, they have bouquets for $3.99!)
- Call your spouse to tell him or her you’re thinking of them.
- Start planning a getaway for just the two of you. (Include your spouse in the planning if they don’t like surprises.)
- Listen…really listen to your spouse this evening.
- Notice. Notice something they do for you on a regular basis and say thank you.
- Smile at your spouse. Let him or her know how much you enjoy being with them.
- Give a 15 second kiss.
- Using a dry erase marker, write a note of love on the bathroom mirror or on the rear view mirror of their car.
What about you? What ideas do you have to intentionally connect with your spouse?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get Jill's latest content by email.