Mark says: Sometimes in marriage, the little things are really the big things.
Jill says: Today’s Marriage Monday is short and sweet. A simple challenge to you to do something intentional to connect with your spouse.
Mark says: Here are a few ideas:
- Send him or her a text just to say “I love you,” or “I’m thinking of you!”
- Pick up flowers on the way home (If you have an Aldi nearby, they have bouquets for $3.99!)
- Call your spouse to tell him or her you’re thinking of them.
- Start planning a getaway for just the two of you. (Include your spouse in the planning if they don’t like surprises.)
- Listen…really listen to your spouse this evening.
- Notice. Notice something they do for you on a regular basis and say thank you.
- Smile at your spouse. Let him or her know how much you enjoy being with them.
- Give a 15 second kiss.
- Using a dry erase marker, write a note of love on the bathroom mirror or on the rear view mirror of their car.
What about you? What ideas do you have to intentionally connect with your spouse?