Last week I shared some resources for teen girls. In response to that post, my friend and fellow author and speaker, Carla Link, shared some more books for teens and parents of teens that I wanted to share with you.
- God’s Gift to Women by Eric Ludy (Eric and his wife Leslie are the authors of When God Writes Your Love Story. This book is written for guys to develop the character qualities in themselves a woman of God will look for in a husband.
- Authentic Beauty and Set-Apart Femininity by Leslie Ludy – Several teen girls told me Authentic Beauty changed their lives.
- Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wrong by Mary Kassian – The father of 4 teenage girls told me every Christian needs to read this book
- From Jim and Elizabeth George – A Young Woman After God’s Own Heart/A Young Man After God’s Own Heart, A Young Woman’s Guide to Making Right Choices/A Young Man’s Guide to Making Right Choices, A Young Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus
- From Hayley and Michael DiMarco – God Girl/God Guy, Devotions for the God Girl and Devotions for the God Guy – I give these for Grad gifts – they are topical, but always direct it back to Scripture; Die Young – They talk about dying to yourself and living for God
- Know What You Believe and Know Why You Believe by Paul Little – These are timeless. George Barna (Revolutionary Parenting)now says almost 70% of kids raised in evangelical churches walk away from their faith during their college years. This is a frightening statistic. The reason for this is they have lived their parent’s faith, but never embraced it as their own. Parents should go through these two books with their teens for family devotions to ensure their kids understand what faith is.
- Growing Up Christian addresses the issue of owning one’s faith.
The above books are for teens, not parents of teens. On Becoming TeenWise by Gary Ezzo is a book for parents that talks about how to move away from ruling your teens by your authority to guiding them by your influence. Great stuff.
So there you go…some more resources for those of you that have teens! Do you have any others to add to the list?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get Jill's latest content by email.