Before we jump in, let me tell you two things…first, remember Tuesday’s post titled “The boy with blue hair…?” Well his mom learned about my post and she added a beautiful comment to the post. You can read that here.
Second, we’re finishing up our three days of invitation to become a Hearts at Home vision partner. Will you join the Hearts at Home family and help us invest in a mom, influence a family, improve a community, and impact the world? We can’t do it alone…we need prayer and financial partners who will link arms with us! Even $5 a month makes a difference! You can join the revolution here!
Today’s Blog Hop topic is to share 5 things we’re living without so we can have more. It’s based upon the Hearts at Home book Living With Less So Your Family Has More.
Here are five things we’re living without:
1) New cars. I drive a 1992 Mitsubishi Mirage (yep, do the math…that baby is almost 20 years old!) Mark drives a 1998 Honda CRV. We own both cars…no payments! It’s pretty inexpensive to insure older cars, too!
2) Eating out. It’s a luxury for us to eat a meal out, but that makes it that much more special!
3) New furniture. Most of our furniture is well over 20 years old. I did just buy a used couch, though…at a garage sale! Yay!!!
4) New clothes. Second hand stores and consignment shops are our friends. When our teenagers need new clothes, we head to Plato’s Closet which is a trendy second hand store. We also sell back their clothes to Plato’s Closet when they don’t fit anymore!
5) Name brand foods. We survive on primarily generic brands (this bothers our youngest son the most, but I can assure you that he’s not starving.)
So what about you? What are five things you’re living without so that you can have more?
Want to see what other moms are saying? Hop to other Hearts at Home Blogger’s Blogs and find the encouragement you need to live with less!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.