Can I just tell you how much I love my publisher? Moody Publishers is the absolute BEST! They have agreed to allow us to have the biggest launch team for a book release we’ve ever had! We’re looking for a few…400 to be exact…moms who love Hearts at Home, love books, and love to share with their friends!
My daughter Anne and I have a book coming out March 1: Better Together: Because You’re Not Meant to Mom Alone. This is a book about friendship. No matter whether you feel like a friendship guru or a friendship flunky, Better Together is for you! As you read, you’ll learn all kinds of wisdom for moving your friendships from TBF to MBF to GGF to BFF (yes, you’ll learn what all those mean!) and you’ll exhale a deep breath and whisper, “Wow…I’m not alone.”
After a fun photo shoot where the five of us were asked to laugh on-command close to 1 billion times, here’s the cover of the book:
Now the book is in its final editing stage and we have an electronic version to share with our launch team so it’s time to put this in the hands of some moms who need it!
As the author, this is where I always break out into a cold sweat. I’ve poured my heart and soul into a book, fed my family too many frozen pizzas, laid awake too many nights agonizing over just the right way to craft the wording of a paragraph, and now it’s time for someone other than my closest friends to read it. Scary, I’m telling you.
Now let me give you the inside scoop on this launch team opportunity!
So what is a launch team? A launch team is a group of people who help spread the word about a new book. They read an electronic copy of the book, participate in a 6-week online discussion as they’re reading the book, and share along the way about the book in social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or Periscope, on their blog (if they have one), on retailer sites like Amazon and Christianbook.com (can you say book reviews?), and in person with friends, at their moms group, or with the random stranger she’s standing next to in the line at the bathroom at McDonalds.
What would I need to do if I’m on the launch team?
- Read an electronic copy of the book before everyone else! This is a pdf you can read on your computer, your phone, or even on your e-book reader (most e-book readers allow you to download a pdf!)
- Tell your world about Better Together during the month of February! Share quotes, graphics, and things you are learning as you read the book. (Don’t worry, we’ll give you graphics and some fun things to share plus we know you’ll find some of your own as you read!) You’ll also want to let your girlfriends know all the wonderful freebies they can get if they pre-order the book before it’s March 1 release!
- Post an honest review online. It can be on Amazon, Christianbook.com, BarnesandNoble.com, Goodreads, or your favorite online retailer! This helps other moms find the book when they are needing the encouragement!
What do I get?
- You get to read the book first! Wahoo!
- You get inside scoop about the book and all kinds of goodies to share!
- You will have the possibility of earning all kinds of free stuff like a free signed copy of the Better Together book, free mp3’s of Hearts at Home conference workshops, free Hearts at Home conference tickets, and more!
- You’ll get to experience a Better Together six-week online moms group led by Anne and I where you’ll find out you’re in good company with both the joys and the challenges of being a mom and forging friendships!
- You’ll get the satisfaction that you were part of something bigger than yourself! You helped make a difference in the lives of thousands of moms!
How do I jump into the launch team pool?
You can apply HERE! We’re taking applications starting today through January 15, or until all the spots are filled. There are 400 spots and we want YOU to have one of them! If you are selected you will receive an email from Hearts at Home by January 15 (check both your inbox and your spam box just in case it accidentally lands in there!)
If this isn’t for you but you think a friend would be perfect for the job, please share it with her!
We hope you’ll join the fun, because even when it comes to launching a book, we’re BETTER TOGETHER for sure!